Finance Assistant, USA
The purpose of this role is to support the Group Financial Controller in maintaining accurate finance records, by taking responsibility for the purchase ledger and related activity within the US business.
This role is based in our office in Hickory, North Carolina.
- Manage the purchase order process
- Code, check and match invoices for the entities within scope of responsibility
- Obtain approvals on all invoices in line with the approval matrix
- Processing US staff expenses on Expensify, including support to staff loading expenses where required
- Download and send out credit card statements to US staff monthly, tracking and chasing outstanding reports where applicable
- Prepare the weekly payment runs for approval and load for payment using online banking systems
- Record bank receipts and payments onto ERP system, including regular reconciliation of bank accounts
- Set up of new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details, reconciling statements when received
- Provide month end support, to include journal processing and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset registers
- File invoices and associated items, including archiving prior years
- Be first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
- Provide ad hoc support to the Group Financial Controller as required and collaborate with other colleagues within the team or business
- Process and control fortnightly payroll procedures for US staff, including benefit deductions, 401k submissions, and year-end formalities
- Prepare and circulate monthly and quarterly sales commission reports, filings and payments
- Prepare and submit tax returns for USA
- Any other ad hoc duties required from time to time
- Bookkeeping experience and knowledge essential
- A minimum of 2+ years as a Finance Assistant or similar role in US companies
- Experience working with payroll providers and accounting software
- Aptitude for IT, especially Excel and accounting software
- Track record of good attention to detail
- Experienced in working to deadlines and having a strong sense of urgency
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team working skills and a willingness to “get stuck in”
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Straightforward and honest with a strong team orientation
- Resourceful, energetic and self-motivated
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities, making reasonable adjustments in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.