The Operations Associate is responsible for US warehouse activities at our office in Hickory/North Carolina, including packing and shipping and inventory control in a small company with an exceptional product and potential for growth. This person will assist in the development of procedures for obtaining products from the Cambridge, UK facility and ensure smooth and efficient deliveries to customers. Initially, this role is part-time with the possibility to become full-time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage warehouse activities: shipping, packing, inventory
- Test and charge batteries in devices
- Utilize the inventory management system to highlight potential availability risks; coordinate with the UK production team to ensure stocks remain at target levels
- Maintain accurate stock and inventory records using an internal management system; conduct physical inventory audits
- Receive goods, inspect and process items based on documented procedures
- Liaise with Quality Assurance regarding defective goods and process returns; ensure replacement products are processed and shipped in a timely manner
- Assure customer orders are filled on time.
- Perform shipping duties, including picking, packing, shipping goods to customers
- Assure warehouse always kept clean and tidy, storage requirements maintained; assure all safety precautions met
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, procedures, and customer experience
- Provide reports and data regarding inventory and distribution
- Travel to Post Office or off-site shipping locations for urgent deliveries
- If appropriate, answer the phone, take orders and process them
This position has no direct reports.
Overview of Skills and Competencies
- Business acumen
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong sense of urgency
- Some understanding of GMPs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong team player.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma, or GED
- 3 years of shipping and receiving experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in medical device logistics and an understanding of regulatory requirements is helpful.
- MS Office
- Basic computer skills to use an internal inventory management system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request, to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job.
- Regularly required to communicate and move through the facility
- Occasionally required to reach, and use office tools and equipment, and stoop or kneel
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. During travel, noise levels may be high and could require hearing protection. Employee may work near moving mechanical and/or electrical parts.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.